Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlas(ů) - 0 Průměr
Kinro v Austerlitz
Howdy there friends, from my perspective now is 3rd December and I'm on my way to the place, where French army destroyed Austrians and Russians in 1805.
[Obrázek: OzRO1dJh.jpg]

First, I visited Krenovice - Prace, to be precise. - French cuirassier, riding down the road to Brno welcomed us from his horse.
Here, Mohyla Miru is a monument for rememberance of the battle. Museum next to the monument contains a lot of informaton about the battle and Emperors themself and its souvernirs are of quite good quality. Especially flintlock pistols replicas. The place is guarded by a single back-loaded 1751 cannon replica (Liechtenstein system).

[Obrázek: 4HSVH08h.jpg]

From there, Russians couldn't see the actual size of Napoleon's army because of a fog that appeared in the morning.

Then, we visited carp ponds, on which Russian elite army moved to the battlefield and (gossiply) drowned because of breaking ice. Actually, there were only two bodies that were found. Unlucky soldiers that drowned in shallow water.

Moving to the battlefield, we've driven by a wall of bazantarnia near Sokolnice, which was pierced with holes, just to be filled with cannon barrels that defended the place.

We were learned about general Przybyszewski of Russian Empire, who capitulated when he realized his troops would not do anything but die. Tsar sent him to a military trial, where he was pleaded innocent, so tsar gave a personal trial, which sentenced him to death by work.

13:15, There we are! Almost an hour to the reenactment of Austerlitz battle. Sun is shining happily and the cold is almost impossible to feel. It is a good day to die. Right before the event we looked at bronze map on Zuran hill.

[Obrázek: 7Ev1oOjh.jpg]

15:30, the battle seems reluctant to end. Cuirassiers, uhlans, hussards, every cavalryman is here supposedly just to ride in circles and perform a little attack from time to time. Musketeers are immortal and blind, as they shoot mostly under their feet, even if they shoot fake shots. At least artillerists are doing fine. Napoleonic cannons are much quieter than those my reenactment group is using. Even our pistaly are louder than those. AND NO REENACTOR SHOPS! I wanted to buy something today... A little tornister or bandolier... Well, it's still not a day over. It was a great battle... But maybe to great? Also, my boots are regretting running along with cavalry ;_;

[Obrázek: Z8Xat0nh.jpg]
[Obrázek: xzac9Lxh.jpg]
[Obrázek: 6yV46Rwh.jpg]
[Obrázek: gjT4KDph.jpg]
[Obrázek: k96KuGvh.jpg]
(one pic shows how hard was it to take the photo)

Next stop, a fair in Brno. Here, I thought I was going to buy something. But in all this bunch of food stands, cotton candy sellers and souvernir merchants there was only ONE stand that provided reenactment stuff. WW1 reenactment...
Oh yes and I saw some random French infantry fighting... Someone. Russians? Or other French? Dunno. First regiment was in front of a building and the other one was RIGHT BEFORE THE WALL.
It looked like an execution on immortal, armed people for me. The banging was much louder than that one from the open field, mostly because of all these accustic stuff.

[Obrázek: AUDdo9X.jpg]

And finally, my old chaps, Kinro has entered his room in a hotel in Brno and is awaiting the next day, full of museum sightseeing. Dressed in his traditional medieval undergarment, he tries very hard to connect to internet and post this online.

See you tomorrow.
Oh no. We are doomed.
Odpovědět

Příspěvků v tématu
Kinro v Austerlitz - od Kinro - 04.12.2016, 00:20
RE: Kinro v Austerlitz - od Kinro - 04.12.2016, 22:38
RE: Kinro v Austerlitz - od Azuliana - 05.12.2016, 08:11
RE: Kinro v Austerlitz - od SteelHelmet - 29.12.2016, 22:55

Přejít na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející tohle téma: 1 host(ů)